We offer both Children’s and Adult’s holidays
This is a fun packed week of mucking in and mucking out!
During your stay you will spend around 4 hours in the saddle each day offering every chance to improve on your equestrian skills whether you are an experienced Jockey or just a novice. You will be encouraged to look after your own mount and given the opportunity to learn correct care and management.
The weekly Tack and Turnout competition provides the necessary motivation with Rosettes being awarded at the end of the week. The show day gives guests the opportunity to show off skills learnt during the week.
Accommodation is provided on site in our large Farmhouse in bunk style dorms. Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Evening meal are provided. There is a comfortable TV Lounge with DVD player.
The Adults holidays are much more flexible so you can choose to go out riding in the morning then go off in the afternoon to explore some of the other delights of our beautiful surroundings like a stroll round Rievaulx Abbey, shopping in the market town of Helmlsey or take a drive offer to the coast and have a walk around Whitby or Scarborough.
Staff at the centre are qualified in Equine Science not to mention Health & Safety and First Aid.
A Typical week will involve:-
- Up to 4 hours riding each day
- Full day ride where guests buy lunch en-route
- Tack and Turnout competition
- Show day
- Tuck Shop
- A visit to the Market town of Helmsley
- BBQ and Games night
Children and Adult Weekly Holidays
Guests are requested to arrive between 4 – 5pm Sunday afternoon in time for evening meal which will be served at 6pm,and leave on Saturday at 4pm after riding.
These usually start Friday evening and run through to Sunday after riding. Two days full board, additional days are priced at £120 per day. Children and adults are welcome and can ride together.
- Riding Hat
- Riding Boots
- Jodhpurs or similar
- Wellies/Mucker boots for yard type jobs
- Chaps (optional)
- Body Protector (optional)
- High Visibility jacket/tabard (optional)
The Centre can provide riding hats and riding boots if necessary
- Guests may bring their own grooming kits if they have them, if not, you can use ours
Other Gear to Include:
- Jeans, T-shirts, Jumpers etc to change into after riding – not best ones!
- Shorts, T-shirts and old trainers that can be used to paddle in the river
- Two towels – one for showering and one for the river
Please note, there are no laundry facilities available at the centre so ensure you bring enough clothes for the duration of your stay, as well as possibly another set in case you get caught in the rain!
- Pocket money – The centre has a tuck shop that is open each evening
– Guests are also taken into Helmsley for an afternoon to purchase souvenirs
– Money to buy lunch on the Day Ride